We've noticed you're using an outdated browser. For full compatibility, please ensure you're running a modern browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Microsoft Edge.

Transfer your registration from another institution


Are you already registered at another institution in the UK?

If you’re already registered as a Chartered Engineer (CEng), an Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or an Engineering Technician (EngTech) with the Engineering Council via one of the professional engineering institutions they approve, then you can apply to join us as at the same registration level.

The process for members to transfer their registration to INCOSE UK is online. By registering, you will be flagged on our system and gain access to the process, paperwork and INCOSE UK mentor support via your applicant page.

To apply you will need to submit the following:

  • A completed professional registration application form. This must include a five-year account of your work history signposted clearly to show where work experiences meet UK-Spec A & B competences as a systems engineer *
  • A statement and signature from one sponsor on the application form
  • Written evidence of a minimum of 12 months of past and 12 months of planned future CPD* that includes reflection on the value and effectiveness of the CPD undertaken.
  • A colour copy of your photo ID – either passport or driving licence is acceptable
  • To pay transfer fees

*The applicant must be a current registrant of good standing with a Professional Engineering Institution. If this is not the case, additional submissions will be required. Please contact profdev@incoseuk.org for more information.

We do not need to assess your competence again and, provided you submit a detailed application, it is unlikely that we will need to interview you. However, in transferring, it is important that it is clear to the review team that you continue to maintain competence as a Systems Engineer. For this reason, it may be necessary to request additional submissions.

For more information or to discuss this contact the INCOSE UK Professional Development Team on profdev@incoseuk.org.

Begin transfer application